Tips for Offering “Deals and Promotions”
1) Set An Objective (Specific tasks related to selling products or promoting a cause)
- Business to Customer -> Offer Discount or Coupon Code
- Business to Business -> Offer Exclusive Content (White Paper)
- Business to Non-Profit -> Consider Running a Contest
2) Select the Right Offer
- Seeking Revenue? -> Try a Trackbable Coupon
- Increasing Awareness? -> Use a Fan Promotion on Facebook
- Use All Tools Available to You and Encourage Sharing
- Every (re)Tweet, Share, Email or Blog Post is an Opportunity
- Send Thank you Messages and Surveys, where appropriate
4) Check the Results (ConstantContact, my favorite tool, makes this really easy!)
- Did the offer/promotion meet its objective?
- Why? (high response from existing customers? strong referrals? well-timed offer? etc)
- Why not? (failed to reach audience? wrong/no audience targeted? unrealistic expectations? etc)
- Look for things to do better, either way.
- Who took advantage of the offer? (Perfect audience for next offer and feedback requests)
5) Do It Again!
- Try to plan a series and stick with it.
- Include a common theme related to your campaign objective but vary the delivery (coupon first, then content, end with contest…?)
- Encourage sharing, be original (geared toward client needs), and watch your stats for what works and what doesn’t
By the way, my name is Alexis J. Smith. I am a Certified ConstantContact Core Solutions Provider and Licensed GetClientsNow! Effective Marketing Coach. I’d be happy to help you further customize and implement an effective e-marketing campaign. HireAlexis, when you’re ready!